Tuesday 12 July 2011

Once bitten forever smitten - Raise the Cake

The cake should be the centrepiece of the celebration - either on a table on its own or presiding over the buffet table. Call me old fashioned but I like small cakes on stands, especially for afternoon tea receptions. Last week I found a beautiful pressed glass cake stand circa 1950's. It's so stunning I am designing a cake to do it justice which will be on display at The Wedding Show.
 For elegance to raise a cake where the side design is the focus I love this ceramic stand - it gives the imression your cake is floating on air. If you are having an intimate wedding with a smaller cake then choose one of the pedestal stands available to hire from Delicakes or your cake may look a little lost on the venue's big silver platform.
 A traditional stand can make even a very simple cake look stunning as seen here with one of Delicakes take away wedding cakes.
And finally I am looking for a supplier in the UK who can get me the sort of stands I've found on this site where they really do Raise-the-Cake
Contact me for all cake enquiries - you know I'm happy to help 01732 843518, text anytime 07714286911 Email direct or use the website contact form.

No comments: