Saturday 23 July 2011

Once bitten forever smitten - Delicakes Cupcakes in two finals!


What an exciting week - just been notified that both my entries into National Cupcake Week Championships have been shortlisted for the final in London on 15th August. Not sure who my competitors are but the judges are an exceedingly well respected bunch in the baking and cake industry. I have a Chocolate Fudge cupcake in the free from category and a Courgette Cream Pie in the innovation category. Can't wait to see how we get on.
Other news this week is that I am still looking for a bijoux shop/studio in the West Malling/Sevenoaks area - just cannot find the right thing at the right price but I will continue undaunted to bake my cakes from home until the right premises turn up.
I have ordered the uniform's for the staff to wear at The Wedding Show at Leeds Castle in October - they are so retro I had to have them - who cares if they had to be imported from Venice - yes Venice Italy they are to die for.
I could not leave you without a cake picture, so here's wishing Katie and Rob a long and happy marriage which they started by cutting this cake
 Cakes for every occasion can be ordered from Janet at Delicakes by email, or text 07714286911 or phone 01732 843518 office hours.





No comments: