Monday 13 May 2013

Once bitten, forever smitten - 9 out of 10 cats prefer...

Does anyone remember the TV advert 9 out of 10 cats prefer Whiskas I've never had a pet cat but it must be perfect as an advertising slogan as I remember it from years ago. This weekend I was looking at the accounts and I realised it is very very rare for a couple to come to a cake tasting and not order a wedding cake from Delicakes so I did the sums and guess what 9 out of 10 couples who come for a cake tasting book my cake design for their wedding.
Macaron Silhouettte
For instance the couple who choose this cake were having a multicultural wedding. The bride was French and wanted Macarons. The groom loved the styling of the invitations and wanted that featured. They needed a large cake for all the relatives and as was his custom the bride and groom cut and served the cake in pudding size portions! In fact I designed the central tier to copy their invitation design and colour scheme and made extra macarons so every guest got a whole one. The cakes were triple decked red velvet or a luscious coconut and lime cake so everyone had a choice.

Helmet cake boxed ready for delivery
Last weekend at a friend's birthday party I met one of her neighbours who mentioned she had been to a wedding where the wedding cake was a life size motorbike helmet - I made one of these about 18 months ago and of course it had been my Bridge and Groom's wedding she had been to. Imagine that more than a year after your wedding the guests are still mentioning the wedding cake!

Bespoke will not be as economical as supermarket or home made but if you want a professionally made cake to feature at your wedding that is as individual as you are then book a cake consultation now.

Talk to Janet 01732843518 or email Janet@weddingdelicakes.co.uk to discuss your cake dreams now

No comments: